- 1 can pure pumpkin
- 1 pound of extra lean ground turkey
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed and diced
- Chili powder, red pepper flakes, sea salt, black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 bag of fresh or frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup chicken broth ( I used chicken broth and it came out great)
- 1/2 cup salsa w/o high fructose corn syrup
- Sauté the diced onions, peppers, carrots, and garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Once vegetables are tender add in ground turkey and cook until turkey is done.
- Meanwhile, mix the canned pumpkin, spinach, chicken broth, and crushed tomatoes together in the crockpot.
- Add cooked meat and sautéed vegetables to the crockpot.
- Add all spices, jalapeños, and salsa, mix well.
- Simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours.
If you are in a hurry you could cook the meat and veggies all the way through in skillet and transfer to a large pot. Mix in the other ingredients and cook on medium heat for about 30-45 minutes, but if you have the time I suggest using the crockpot to allow all the flavors to combined together.
Cal-186, P-22g, C-22g, F-2 g per serving(per 2 cup serving)